Marketing Language Programmes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valuing a web-based business

Go down

Valuing a web-based business Empty some ideas

Post  Kath_T Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:52 am

Hello guest,

First of all, you need to be sure about selling your business as potential buyers or brokers will "lock you in".

As with all businesses selling, a potential buyer would definitely want to see financial statements for 2 to 3 years from you and your balance sheets. This needs some organization on your part.

The next step is to go online and advertise your site for sale. Check out Votanweb.com, mergernetwork.com, businessesforsale.com and many more. These sites lists ads and sellers are charged a listing fee and buyers pay a fee to view your ad.

There are also business brokers out there but they usually charge a fairly high commission.

I hope that will get you started.

Kath_T

http://www.smarttransition.info

Back to top Go down

Valuing a web-based business Empty Valuing a web-based business

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:21 am

Maybe you can offer me some advice.

I set up and run a website related to English Language Teaching. The site provides information and has been up and running for about four and a half years now - it has built up a good user base in this time with regular re-visits. The site also produces a smallish cash flow (mainly through advertising) and running costs are minimal comprising mainly hosting costs and site up-dates.

My business partner wants me to commit more time to other projects which will probably demand that I give up running the website. I am reluctant to just let it fade away and would like to sell it but I have know idea how to place a value on it. I suspect that the type of person interested in the site would be an English language teacher looking for an additional income.

Could anyone offer me advice?

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum